Buon Giorno friends and family!

Welcome to "Blogging from the Boot", Where you can read all about my adventures spent in Italy. I will be attending the International Culinary Institute for Foreigners in beautiful Costigliole d'Asti. Along the way I will be cooking, eating, learning, and all around submerging myself in the rich and delicious culture of Italy. Mangia Mangia!

International Culinary Institute for Foreigners in Costigliole d'Asti

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

funny story

It might not translate on the web but here goes anyway.....


We were sitting down for family meal tonight, me, the chef and the other cook Sabrina. We had something that resembled the innards of an animal, which one I am not entirely sure. Boar maybe?? Who knows, but I have never seen such a spiny, mushy, intertwined peice of meat in my life.

Now here's the thing, Offal doesn't gross me out. I am down to try anything at least once and I dove right in. The first couple of bites were fantastic, if you are into eating a tepid mound of mystery meat. I obviously didn't want to offend anyone so I stuffed my mouth with bread and took a sip of water after every bite, silently cheering myself on to the last bite. Then, it happens.

A pesky fly decided the land RIGHT in the MIDDLE of my plate for all to see. The chef promptly tells me to dispose of my plate (which was almost effing finished!) and heaps another bounty helping onto a new plate. Boun Appetito!

2 comments:

  1. Well, maybe it was a test recipe and it won't be made again. Were they eating it? Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a Sardinian specialty I'm sure....And yes they were and I was too!

    ReplyDelete