Buon Giorno friends and family!

Welcome to "Blogging from the Boot", Where you can read all about my adventures spent in Italy. I will be attending the International Culinary Institute for Foreigners in beautiful Costigliole d'Asti. Along the way I will be cooking, eating, learning, and all around submerging myself in the rich and delicious culture of Italy. Mangia Mangia!

International Culinary Institute for Foreigners in Costigliole d'Asti

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Internet

Ciao Tutti!

Internet has been on and off for the last week so I apologize for not getting back to my friends and family!!!

So, this past week has been so BUSY. I feel like I haven't had time to come up for air. It was Rocio's 25th birthday bash last night at club Cascina (aka the breakfast room) we had tons of food and set up the grill with all kinds of meat and sausage. The two huge cheesecakes that Jesse and I stayed after class to make for the last couple of days tasted great and where a huge hit.

As most or all of you know, (because I only have about 4 readers) I got invited to participate in a culinary competition in Sardinia. It is held in a very small port called San Pietro and it is where they catch a lot of the Red Fin Tuna that is found within southern Italy. I am very nervous/excitied and am happy that I was recognized as a competitor for the event. Me and the other chef, Dominick (from NYC) will be flown down to Sardinia to compete and have our dish tasted and critiqued by chefs from all over Italy. I am still a little unsure of how we will comprise our dish, but I have no doubt in my mind that the final product will be great.

As for my restaurant stage, I don't know what region or even what restaurant I want to go to. There is a place in Bergamo that is a two star Michilen called Da Vittorio. That is a possibility, or I may just go to Eliza (who coordinates the internships) and tell her that it doesn't matter where I go as long as I have a chef that is willing to teach me (it also wouldn't hurt if they knew a little bit of English, as I haven't been "practicing" very much with all the English speaking people around.) Anyway, that is about it, I have another dessert for the test on Monday morning, a Chocolate Torte with poached pears and hazelnut crust. Ciaoo e Bouna Notte!

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck to you, sis! I know you will do great and more than likely smoke that competition; or maybe the fish...that might taste good :)

    ReplyDelete