Buon Giorno friends and family!

Welcome to "Blogging from the Boot", Where you can read all about my adventures spent in Italy. I will be attending the International Culinary Institute for Foreigners in beautiful Costigliole d'Asti. Along the way I will be cooking, eating, learning, and all around submerging myself in the rich and delicious culture of Italy. Mangia Mangia!

International Culinary Institute for Foreigners in Costigliole d'Asti

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

La Ghinghetta

Ciao Everyone!!!

I have GREAT news to all of my readers.

After the Girotonno event I will now be calling Sardegna my home for the next four months.

The restaurant is called La Ghinghetta. It is a 1 star Michelin restaurant and hotel consisting of 8 bedrooms and a 25 seat restaurant. It is family-owned and operated. I am very excited to be starting and have only heard and read excellent things about it. Not to mention it was my first choice place! I hope everything runs smoothly.

I need to start thinking about packing my room up, after all it is only about 2 weeks until I will be leaving Costigliole for good. (I wonder if I will ever be back here?) My friend Ori drove me into Asti today, I picked up two jackets for the competition and later we all had a burger (who knew?) at this little bar right by ICIF. I am really going to miss this place, but before all of the emotional stuff, the girls and I are going to Cinque Terre this weekend for a relaxing time. Can't wait to drink some wine, eat some great food and just all around relax with my 3 favorite people from school. Anyway, that's it for now. Goodnight!!!

2 comments: