Buon Giorno friends and family!

Welcome to "Blogging from the Boot", Where you can read all about my adventures spent in Italy. I will be attending the International Culinary Institute for Foreigners in beautiful Costigliole d'Asti. Along the way I will be cooking, eating, learning, and all around submerging myself in the rich and delicious culture of Italy. Mangia Mangia!

International Culinary Institute for Foreigners in Costigliole d'Asti

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It's getting down to the wire now...

Wow...only two more days left of school

Tomorrow is our big written exam that covers all facets of class, wine, Italian, culinary terms, names of dishes etc...I am kinda nervous but I always am before big tests.

I am looking forward to my practical exam though. I am preparing filetto di manzo con barbaresco e funghi...which basically translates into filet mignon with a red wine and porcini mushroom reduction. I should do well considering I have frequently made a similar dish for friends. (Although my friends aren't Michelin star chefs...bo)

Tomorrow night 8 of us are going to an Agriturismo for dinner and wine. I am really looking forward to an experience like this. The farm/winery is located on rolling hills and produces Bardera and Barbaresco. The owners basically prepare what is on their farm, with ingredients that are grown from their property. All of the chefs and professors (ironically) will be there tomorrow night as well. I have a feeling we will feel like we are sitting at the little kid's table at Thanksgiving...(but probably having a lot more fun.)

Again, it will be a bittersweet time as I am sad to leave such a beautiful place. But all good things come to an end and I need to keep in mind that I will be learning new and exciting things in about a week. I can't wait to cook at a Catalan Italian restaurant and yet again learn a new dialect. Well ciao for now! More pictures are soon to come!

2 comments:

  1. Eeeee! So exciting. Good luck to you! I know you will do just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How was that mean ol' test anyway? I've had my nose in two impossible-to-put-down books. I read "Just Kids" by Patti Smith, focusing on the artistic process and her relationship with Robert Mapplethorpe. Wow.

    ReplyDelete