Buon Giorno friends and family!

Welcome to "Blogging from the Boot", Where you can read all about my adventures spent in Italy. I will be attending the International Culinary Institute for Foreigners in beautiful Costigliole d'Asti. Along the way I will be cooking, eating, learning, and all around submerging myself in the rich and delicious culture of Italy. Mangia Mangia!

International Culinary Institute for Foreigners in Costigliole d'Asti

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Michelin Chefs!

Ciao Tutti!

Today I cooked for two Michelin star chefs! It was for the second test out of five. I made a layered monkfish starter with anchovies and green olive in between the layers. I also made a cipollini salad with sunflower sprout and balsamic with an orange scented balsamic reduction. I was really happy with me plate! It looked exactly the way I had imagined it and everything tasted good to boot. The only things I understood from the judges were "bellisimo" and "bravo" and they ate every bite, so I am assuming they thought it was edible. Anyway, we will see what the scores are tomorrow. Everyone is such a great cook at school, It is making me feel energized and creative when I get into the kitchen. I can't wait to start working again, I just need to find a place where I think I can grow as a chef the most. Anyway, I must get back to enjoying my glass of Barbera d'Asti. Ciao!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment