Buon Giorno friends and family!

Welcome to "Blogging from the Boot", Where you can read all about my adventures spent in Italy. I will be attending the International Culinary Institute for Foreigners in beautiful Costigliole d'Asti. Along the way I will be cooking, eating, learning, and all around submerging myself in the rich and delicious culture of Italy. Mangia Mangia!

International Culinary Institute for Foreigners in Costigliole d'Asti

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Night is Asti

Hi All!!!

Today it is beautiful in Costigliole, I started my day at the market to get some fresh bread, cheese and vegtables for dinner later tonight.

Last night Jesse and I went to Asti to have a relaxing night in town. We walked around a bit and then decided to get some food and a bottle of wine at a little restaurant called Francese. It was SO good. We had a little mixed antipasti plate of the house specials. Then we had a pizza with olives, proscuitto and mushrooms on it. Then we did the most random thing ever and came across this huge fair going on. It was packed with the most Euro teenagers I have ever seen and the rides were huge and janky looking but were so much fun. We went on the ferris wheel and then on this huge sombrero looking ride that spun you in circles. After that one we were thinking that splitting a bottle of wine at dinner might not have been the best idea. But oh well, we went on like 3 or 4 more rides with the last being a huge swinging monster that spins you over and over again and I swear it lasted 10 minutes. It was one of the best nights I have had in Italy so far! Anyway, Happy Mother's day Mom! Miss you and everyone!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Cool! Those little fairs can be a lot of fun. Remember the little roller coaster that we rode in Poland in the parking lot of some store? Could have shot right off of that thing. We missed you this weekend, but you were there in spirit. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got the postcards from Barcelona. Thanks Tiger Lily! Those buildings have been there awhile--I wonder if people liked them at first. I'm working on two paintings-trying to finish a pesky oil, and one acrylic. I am so proud of the plants! Now we have 15 little Romas! I bought a varigated sage, orange purslane, two endive plants and a couple more. The local hardware store had a coupon! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete