Buon Giorno friends and family!

Welcome to "Blogging from the Boot", Where you can read all about my adventures spent in Italy. I will be attending the International Culinary Institute for Foreigners in beautiful Costigliole d'Asti. Along the way I will be cooking, eating, learning, and all around submerging myself in the rich and delicious culture of Italy. Mangia Mangia!

International Culinary Institute for Foreigners in Costigliole d'Asti

Sunday, April 11, 2010

As close to home cooking as it's gonna get.

School this past week has been mainly lecture and a couple chef demos. A lot of us have been really craving a good meal. The dorms don't have anything but a tiny fridge and this janky grill but let me tell you it was So Good! On the way back from Milan we stopped at Il Gigante which is pretty much just a farmer's market in Asti. There we picked up some spicy sausage, chicken, pork chops, garlic and onions for roasting and a bunch of veggies. Everything here is so fresh and produce is very inexpensive.

1 comment:

  1. Im trying to upload pictures with all of my posts but I am still getting a hang of it! Be patient and they will come I promise!

    ReplyDelete