Buon Giorno friends and family!

Welcome to "Blogging from the Boot", Where you can read all about my adventures spent in Italy. I will be attending the International Culinary Institute for Foreigners in beautiful Costigliole d'Asti. Along the way I will be cooking, eating, learning, and all around submerging myself in the rich and delicious culture of Italy. Mangia Mangia!

International Culinary Institute for Foreigners in Costigliole d'Asti

Monday, April 19, 2010

Florence

Ciao Tutti!

Florence was great, we went to this little Osteria near the Duomo. The entire menu was in Italian and we were all a little lost in translation, but that made the meal memorable. We were going to drive down the coast to Pisa the next day but then decided against it because we wanted to go to Il Gigante in time for grilling dinner.

I don't know where I want to do my internship yet. Before I came here I was thinking about doing it in Naples. The fresh seafood and pizza is enough to make my mouth water. Although now there is a huge mafia war near Calabria and most of southern Italy is not very safe. It's a sad thing when organized crime has such an impact on a place. Anyway, I must get going...wine class starts in 20 mins. Arriverderci!

1 comment:

  1. Well, it seems like there is not a shortage of neat places to choose from. Just hope you love the one you do pick! Have fun today :)

    ReplyDelete