Buon Giorno friends and family!

Welcome to "Blogging from the Boot", Where you can read all about my adventures spent in Italy. I will be attending the International Culinary Institute for Foreigners in beautiful Costigliole d'Asti. Along the way I will be cooking, eating, learning, and all around submerging myself in the rich and delicious culture of Italy. Mangia Mangia!

International Culinary Institute for Foreigners in Costigliole d'Asti

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Translation Please??

My whole course is in English with virtually no translations on the recipes and Coursebook. And did I mention how the buses pass pedestrians within 2 inches?

So far Italy Has Been quite an adventure. Got lost on the plane straight into Turin. Thankfully a very helpful tourist shared a cab with me. After no sleep and lots of jetlag, I managed to eat a small dinner and have a glass of wine with a bunch of crazy Brazilians. I met my roomates, and two others a Peruvian girl from the west coast. It is a wonderful mix of cultures and cuisines. So far the school Seems perfect. (Except of the Flame No rule unfortunatly Which Means No gas burners) A small Imperfection. I am in a group of 4 girls, and one guy. I Can not wait to blog more about my Experiences and will be sure to upload pictures of my town and the food I will be making! Ciao Everyone!! (FYI: If this paragraph is phrased weird I apologize. My computer decided to get all Italian on me.)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! Sucks about no gas, though. Probably gonna take a minute to get used to that. We all send our love. Sleep tight!

    ReplyDelete